Dos/win3.11 with samba 2.2

Patrick slu at firerun.net
Thu Jan 11 04:52:17 GMT 2001

Hello all,

    I was wondering if something has happened with support for dos
clients in samba 2.2?  I have a samba 2.2 PDC setup on my network
providing authentication to other samba 2.2 servers.  I have a floppy
setup for disk imaging which is using dos tcp/ip and win3.11 network
drivers to map a drive to my Linux raid machine.  When the floppy is
fully booted and logged onto the network I do a directory listing and no

files or directory's show up, even though while in the shared path on
the linux box there are several files/dir's there.  I checked to see if
the map hidden was set in the smb.conf file and it was not.  So needless

to say I am stumped on this one.   Also when I am in the imaging program

I can create a directory with the same name as the one that exits, and
the files in that directory will become visible, until I change to the
parent directory in which case the newly created directory disappears.

Any Ideas on this one?

Patrick