Samba vs. WSFU

Armand Welsh armand at welshhome.org
Fri Jan 5 21:49:27 GMT 2001

NFS access which WSFU uses,  doesn't authenticate against NT machines.  It
allows you to connect to NFS shares, and it allows you to synchronize
password with unix, but it is not the same.

I like how samba exports shares to windows clients, so that they are
natively support by windows.

Also, I understand that NFS is not very secure.  though this is through the
grape vine, as I have not used it yet.