samba 2.2 domain admin users

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Thu Jan 4 03:02:44 GMT 2001

>>After getting my win2k sp1 machine to join a samba 2.2 controlled domain
>>I found out that the users listed under Domain Admin users = user1
>>user2  in the smb.conf file do not have Administrator rights on the
>>win2k machine.  Is there something else I have to set in the smb.conf
>>file?
>Know Bug #3 from the FAQ :
>NTs (and possibly W2K ?) are not told the logged on user is a domain admin
>if the parameter "domain admin users = user" is used. The
>alternative, "domain admin group" does work. See the HowTo.

"domain admin group = " does seem to work pretty much.  However on my Citrix Winframe 1.7 box attempting to use "application configuration" results in a "You do not have domain administration privilages", and doesn't let me setup any applications for domain users.  Anyone know of a work-around for this?

Does WinY2k-TSE work with Alpha1?

Enumerating users for setting file permission does not work,  is this normal? (I think it is, I just want to confirm).

Occasionally, as a domain user, attempts to delete a file result in "remote system does not support extended attributes" (approx message).  This seems to be a UNIX permissions issue.

Samba Server is Redhat Linux 6.2

security = user
status = yes
workgroup = BACKBONE
server string = NT v6 Domain Controller
encrypt passwords = Yes
printer driver file=/usr/local/samba/lib/printers.def
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=4096 SO_RCVBUF=4096 SO_KEEPALIVE
time server = Yes
lpq cache time = 30
domain logons = Yes
os level = 250
preferred master = Yes
logon script = %G.bat
domain master = Yes
domain admin group = @cis
wins support = Yes
guest account = pcnet
wins hook = /usr/local/samba/bin/dns_update