samba 2.2 domain admin users

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Thu Jan 4 02:20:22 GMT 2001

At 07:08 PM 1/3/01 -0700, Patrick wrote:
>After getting my win2k sp1 machine to join a samba 2.2 controlled domain
>I found out that the users listed under Domain Admin users = user1
>user2  in the smb.conf file do not have Administrator rights on the
>win2k machine.  Is there something else I have to set in the smb.conf
>file?

Know Bug #3 from the FAQ :

NTs (and possibly W2K ?) are not told the logged on user is a domain admin
if the parameter "domain admin users = user" is used. The
alternative, "domain admin group" does work. See the HowTo.

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au