smbpasswd problem

tony tony at uickarate.com
Wed Feb 28 20:38:52 GMT 2001

I have sort of a similar problem...  In my case, it was the "case" problem.
I was able to use smbclient and map the drive from NT only for root.
It happens to be that all of the rest of the users had capital letters in
it, and
the samba converted the user names to lower case and verify it.
So I had 'testUser' as a Unix user, and samba was trying to find 'testuser'
to verify.  I haven't had a chance to find a fix, but I was able to log in
by
making all user names lower case.

This may or may not be the problem, but it's worth a shot.  Did you try the
debugging mode?  Try the debugging mode and look at the log files.

Tony Nakamura