Samba 2.2.0-alpha2 Domain Logon Problem

Timothy Renzi timrenzi at bellatlantic.net
Wed Feb 28 21:10:18 GMT 2001

After much begging, pleading, tiny adjustments, etc,etc. I managed to make a
Win2k pro client join my Samba controlled domain.  However, once I reset the
client, and tried to logon to the domain it told me this "The system cannot
log you onto the domain specified, because the computers account in the
domain can not be found, or the password does not match"  The machine has an
account in /etc/passwd (Created by me, with no password) and one in
/usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd (created when i joined the machine to the
domain.. does this set a password?).  Has anyone else seen this happen? Any
ideas on how I could make it work? Thanks a million
-Timothy Renzi