Profiles being sharesdd by NT and Win2k

Christian Barth barth at cck.uni-kl.de
Wed Feb 28 16:32:59 GMT 2001

> I just tried out Samba 2.2.2-alpha2.  One problem,  if you have NT and
> W2K machines in the same Samba domain,  then they use the same roaming
> profile. When I logged into W2K first with a new user,   then NT,  all
> the start menus in NT looked like W2K!  Is it possible to store
> profiles separately for each OS?

Yes, it is possible, and in my opinion you have to do it: I looked
into NT first, and then the W2K-Explorer crashed!
My solution:

[profiles]
   comment = Share for OS depend Profiles.
   path = %H/profile.%a
   browsable = yes
   writeable = yes
   map hidden = yes
   map system = yes

And in the Home-Direktories (I like profiles thier because of the
quota) I created
  profile.WinNT
and
  profile.Win2K