Latest Samba

Mike massey at rmci.net
Wed Feb 28 03:50:42 GMT 2001

Hi All

Running RH 7.0, after downloading the source and runing the ./configure then
going to the RH Package to sh makerpms.sh it errors say unkown RPM Version
4.0.

Next question is on the 6.2 RH I have. I had it setup to be able to map a
drive from my NT PDC but for some reason it just quit. I tested my NIC and I
can ping and run it on my DSL but nothing seems to be wrong..Just for
stupity sake I installed a new nic and redid all of the networking and the
samba.conf file..I can see the Linux box in nethood but I can no longer
logon and map a drive..

I read the manual and I am in no hurry but if a guru has a thought or two I
would love to hear.

IMHO: As an NT guy I like SAMBA, Was not to hard to setup the basics and get
it going..mind you I do mean basic..just being able to open the Linux Homes
and root so I can map a drive from NT.

Cheers

Mike

                                                            /'^'\
                                                           ( o o )

              Mike Benzel
To err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer.
                                                        .oooO
                                                        (   )   Oooo.