FW: Speed comp. TNG & 2.2.alpha (fwd)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Tue Feb 27 09:32:31 GMT 2001

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
> > I have around 300 users, most of who are in a 'students' primary group.
> > There are a few groups (54 including system groups), all of which don't
> > have very many (non-primary) members.
>
> okay.  all those names are unique, yes?
>
> none of the users have the same name as any of the groups, is this
> correct?

A small number are, all RedHat private user groups.  Some are system
groups (ie, root.root, named.named and the like).  Most users are just
students, staff or admins.  It should'nt be that hard to add an
exception into the code that just ignores private groups should it?
Also ignoring sytem users and groups shouldn't be that hard.

--
Andrew Bartlett
abartlet at pcug.org.au