Domain Name Requirements

Scott Merrill smerrill at svfc.org
Mon Feb 26 20:45:44 GMT 2001

I thought I read somewhere that the bug regarding domain name length (ie: an
odd number of characters) had been resolved.  I've just perused the ntdom
and technical archives, but can't seem to find any mention of it.

It's quite possible that my recollection is completely wrong.  I'd like some
confirmation of this. =)

My domain name is four characters long; so I've been waiting to deploy Samba
2.2 Alpha until the above has been resolved.  Was it fixed, and then
subsequently broken again after Jeremy Allison's large CVS checkin on
02-20-2001?  If so, can someone please provide me with the skinny on how to
use CVS to get the version prior to that update?  [Samba is currently the
only product I have a need to obtain via CVS, so I'm not really motivated to
learn the cvs commands!  =)]

Thanks,
Scott