Samba Passwords >8 characters? (Samba 2.2 CVS, Solaris 7, Win 2K client)

Tim Gildersleeve t.gildersleeve at bilk.ac.uk
Mon Feb 26 08:55:40 GMT 2001

Well, I do have user level security, but definately not encrypted passwords
= no.  I have always set this to yes.  Speaking just for myself, I cant see
no reason why someone would want to turn this off.  It doesnt matter what
other security you add to your system, if you have unencrypted text
passwords floating around your system you are asking for trouble.  Its a bit
like logging in remotely to a unix box with telnet.  Always use ssh.

Just my 2 pence worth :)