SMB 2.0.7, Netlogon, and Windows logon

Patrick slu at firerun.net
Sat Feb 24 19:30:17 GMT 2001

If you want it to just login to the PDC and not enter a windows password here
is what you will need to do if I can remember correctly seems how I use Win2k
now.

Go to you network properties in the contorl panel.  double-click on the Client
for microsoft networks that is in the list above the drop down box.  Make sure
that it is check to logon to a windows domain (and I think it also asks for
the domain).  Then in the drop down box in network properties select windows
logon as the login client.  Exit out of the network properties.  Now if you
use the password tool to change your windows password, and leave the password
blank then it should not ask you for a windows password.  It will ask for the
domain password on login, unless you tell it to save the password, which then
it will do a autoloign.

Patrick Gunerud