SMB 2.0.7, Netlogon, and Windows logon

pmgeahan at home.com pmgeahan at home.com
Sat Feb 24 18:13:09 GMT 2001

I have a RH6.1 box running SMB 2.0.7.  Currently, it's acting as a PDC for
a Win98 box on the same subnet.

The authentication part works fine - correct passwords are allowed in,
incorrect ones are not.  However, after a correct login, the Win98 box
still asks for a Windows login.  I deleted *.pwl, so now instead of asking
for a login, it asks me to give it a Windows password.

I've talked to friends who are NT admins, and they admit this is very odd.
They seem to think it's a PDC thing, not a Win98 thing.

Has anyone seen this before?  Any idea how to fix?

Thanks.

-------Patrick M Geahan------pmgeahan at home.com-------ICQ:3784715------
Quote of the Week: "Where in the bible does it say `God so loved the
world that he congested bandwidth by forwarding email to everyone in
his address book?'" - Tom Sevart in alt.folklore.urban