Samba Passwords >8 characters? (Samba 2.2 CVS, Solaris 7, Win2K client)

J.L.Gilmour at exeter.ac.uk J.L.Gilmour at exeter.ac.uk
Fri Feb 23 08:30:06 GMT 2001

> All works fine if the Samba password is 8 characters long or less. If
> it's any longer, though, then Win 2K does not accept the login. If I try
> to use the long password, it gives me this error:

We have exactly the same problem. We just advised users that passwords
now need to be 8 chars or less. They diodn't mind too much as it came
at the same time as combined unix/nt passwords.

Jayne.

--
      Jayne Gilmour, BSc. MSc.  Unix & Network Administrator

 Internet: "a network of computers which lots of people are inter"