Win2K Native Mode with Samba 2.0.7 -- Authentication Failed..

Shailesh Parekh sp at globespan.net
Tue Feb 20 19:41:27 GMT 2001

Hi! All,

We are using Solaris 7 and Samba 2.0.7

We changed our Win2K domain from Mixed mode to Native mode. I followed
following steps after this change.

On Unix Server:
1. Shutdown Samba Service.

On Win2K Server:

1. Removed 'netbios name"  Replicate site
2. Added 'netbios name'    --> Replicated Site.

Now on Unix Server:

1. smbpasswd -j 'DOMAINNAME' -r 'PASSWORD SERVER'

-- Added to the network.

While checking with win2k client. We are prompted for username and password.
While providing both it is repetitively asking. IN Samba log file we noticed
error for "Authentication Failed"

I will appreciate if some one will help or share your views.

Thanks in Advance.

- S P

Shailesh Parekh
GlobeSpan Inc.       Tel    (732)345-7618
100 Schultz Drive    Fax    (732)345-7598
Red Bank, NJ 07701   Email  sp at globespan.net