problems with windows 2000 server

James W. Beauchamp jbeauchamp at gesinc.com
Tue Feb 20 19:14:12 GMT 2001

Antonio:
I'm not quite sure what you mean by editing the registry.  Registry edits
are not necessary to us Samba unless you are trying to use plain text
passwords (I think this is correct).  First of all, which version of Samba
are you running?  If it is 2.0.7 and is the domain controller, Win2K will
not join the domain, it is not supported.  It will serve files fine though.
If you have a Samba PDC then you will need to upgrade to 2.2.0 (still
developmental at this point, but many people seem to be using it already in
production environments - beware! :)) to support a Win2K login.

Provide more information and others will chime in with help.

James