NT-roaming profiles problem /password sync.

Martin Foerster mafoe at munich.sgi.com
Tue Feb 20 13:21:19 GMT 2001

Hi there,

two short questions....

1. I'm about to change the fileserving from NT to samba. Right now users got
their roaming profile path set to the NT- Fileserver, which works fine.
 When I switch the roaming profile path to samba server, I get an error
message, saying: "A slow Network connection has been detected, do you want
to download your profile or use the locally stored one?......" If I switch
back to NT it works again.
The network speed is definitely alright, and it appears only after a reboot,
not when I logoff/login.
Any suggestions?

2. Is it possible to sync the NT password with the NIS password with samba,
if the password authentication is done from the NT-PDC/BDC? As I understood
it's not, but would be nice if.

Thanks for any input

Martin