How do I sync NT,Unix and Samba password

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Sun Feb 18 07:25:49 GMT 2001

At 11:38 AM 12/2/2001 +0800, Heather Tan wrote:
>hello,
>
>My attempt to synchronise NT passwords with Unix and
>Samba passwords has failed.
>Can you help me ?

You may well have samba configured correctly, however the passwd sync
involves a number of other steps. First of all, errors are not (and cannot)
be reported correctly. You need to configure the password chat parameter to
match the text that your system uses. Please see the FAQ.

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083