WinME won't login to Domain

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Sat Feb 17 23:10:46 GMT 2001

At 04:36 PM 2/17/01 -0500, Witness wrote:
>I'm running Samba 2.0.7 on Slackware 7.1. I realize PDC support is not
>official, but would someone please help me.

PDC support is not required for WinME, I believe, as WinME is simply an
extension of Win9X ...

>When I login I get the following message:
>
>"The logon server did not recognize your domain password, or access to
>the server has been denied. Make sure you typed your password in
>correctly, and then try again."
>		[Ok]

OK, so the login failed. It might be for a number of reasons.

It would be helpful if you could provide more information. This would include:

1. A tcpdump trace of the network traffic when you are trying to log in.
This can be obtained with: tcpdump -i eth0 -s 1500 -w trace.cat

2. The contents of log.nmb around the time you tries to log in.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com
Samba (Team member, www.samba.org), Ethereal (Team member, www.ethereal.com)