Samba shareing over multiple domains

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Fri Feb 16 19:48:56 GMT 2001

Hi Mattias,
You might try establishing a trust between the two NT domains.  That way
if dom2/user tries to access a share on dom1/samba, samba will request user
authentication from DC in dom1; dom1 will recoginze that the domainname part
of the user authentication request is dom2, and check his list of trusts to
see if he has a trust with dom2; when he finds that he DOES, he will request
authentication across the trust, and dom2 should validate the user, and this
will get passed back to the samba server that the user is validated.
Hope this helps,
Don