I give up

Morris Maynard morris at maynidea.com
Fri Feb 16 19:25:40 GMT 2001

Kat: Not a well considered answer on either point.
It should be obvious that printing was working on my system with samba 2.07
and is not with samba 2.2 - so the culprit is almost certainly samba.

And I have been in this business one year less than you, and am generally
quite happy with the support and functionality I recieve from Microsoft.
Sometimes customers ask for Linux, and there are a few hard cases who don't
want to pay for NT server. For these and also to keep up-to-date I have been
setting up Linux servers. In general, these are reliable and have more
functionality than the AT&T SysV I used back in 1987; however, my comments
concerning the documentation and information available stand and are
illustrated by your response.