Server power

Mark mark at axeon.screaming.net
Fri Feb 16 18:23:10 GMT 2001

I intend to install a network of 110 Windows Workstations into an Educational establishment.  The server would (naturaly!) be running linux & samba (2.2 if it is released as stable in time).  I would like to store CD images for the workstations to access, as well as the server acting as a logon client.  I understand that this would be quite a large demand on any server - so I am looking for suggestions of how powerful a server would need to be - or if I would need more than one.

Many thanks

Mark