I give up

Morris Maynard morris at maynidea.com
Fri Feb 16 14:40:33 GMT 2001

Well, no question I've posted here ever got so much response.
I don't mean to minimize what the Samba product accomplishes for a heterogeneous environment. That is a really good thing, and a testament to the possibilities of the whole open-source movement.
I do get very frustrated with the variableness of the combination of info from newsgroups, how-tos, FAQs, etc. of varying ages and purposes. My personal experience is that a solution converges much more quickly (even if it's "we can't do that") in the MS world. When I've spent most of the night grappling with a set of problems like this, composing an aggravated email helps to vent. And the Send button is located right next to the Save button in my email client...
Note that no one really addressed the question of why 2.2 wouldn't print (i.e., it won't here). That seems like not a small thing, no?