Instabillity with samba 2.0.7 and Windows Terminal Server

Markus Reimer markus at softwarerun.com
Fri Feb 16 10:48:47 GMT 2001

> You mean you are successfully run Windows TSE machines with a Samba
> domain controller.
> I would be really glad if my TSEs would go so far ...
>
> Have you done something special or "did it just work"?
> (My "success story" so far: [x] joined domain, [x]
> authentication works
>  for shares, [x] interactive logins refused)
Just to annoy you:
It did just work ;)
Accually, I have had severas setups with different versions of samba and
TSE, and never had any problems specificly regarding the TSE, except for
some really old bug's that resolved some years ago...

> > Btw, anyone have an idea how I can mount two samba shares
> on a WinTSE at
> > boot time and have them visible to all users, not only the system?
>
> Put "Net use" commands into the login script? Since this is
> "the Windows
> way" this will probably work with causing only the usual NT
> problems instead
> of some additional TSE troubles :-))
> Provided you find a way to make a system "mounted" share
> available to all
> users wouldn't they all access the share via the same
> (system) account? Is
> this what you intend to do?
Yes, the problem is to 'make a system "mounted" share available to all
users'...
I can get the share mounted at boot time, but only the system sees the
share... :(

Regards
//Markus Reimer
CTO, SoftwareRun AB