Problem:proifle permissions samba 2.2/w2k

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Thu Feb 15 21:37:32 GMT 2001

"Martin Thomas [A-RU-BI]" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I try to run a PDC for some Windows 2000 Workstations on  a Debian 2.2 Box
> running Samba 2.2 CVS (last update/checkout  15.2.2001/14:30).
> Everything seems to work fine expect the profiles. When
> a W2K machine tries to write back the profiles to the Samba Share
> some directorys are created with permision 000 but should be 700
> Time ist synct with 'net time', unix permissions are ok (only some
> directorys get wrong permissions others work ok).
> Browsing the mailing-list archives I found some messages from people who
> have (had?) the same problem.
> I asked some people and tried every(?) 'mode' and 'force mode' setting on
> the profile share - without result. It seems that mkdir in open.c or
> vfs_mkdir in vfs.c can not create all directory with the right
> permissions.
>
> Any suggestion? patches? workarounds?

Ok - now I've fixed the odd/even domain name problem with
W2K clients joining a 2.2 PDC I'm trying to track down and
fix this bug.

The problem is I can't reproduce it on my system, my profile/
directory and all the directories within it get created fine,
and with the correct permissions.

Can you, and others experiancing this problem please check
out the current Samba 2.2 CVS, delete the users profile
directory and then login/out of the W2K client with Samba
set to debug level 10, and then mail me the smb.conf, plus
the *complete* log file (I don't care how big it is), plus
the output from ls -lR on the UNIX system in the users profile
directory.

That is of course if the problem with zero permission directories
is seen.

Thanks,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.