Instabillity with samba 2.0.7 and Windows Terminal Server

Thomas Aeby aeby at graeff.com
Thu Feb 15 23:22:32 GMT 2001

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Markus Reimer wrote:

> Another problem I have is when I tries to upgrade the domain controller to
> Samba 2.2, I cant get the WinTSE client's to use the initial program
> variable, they just get the destop, as noted by another user on this list
> earlier, any hint's???

You mean you are successfully run Windows TSE machines with a Samba
domain controller.
I would be really glad if my TSEs would go so far ...

Have you done something special or "did it just work"?
(My "success story" so far: [x] joined domain, [x] authentication works
 for shares, [x] interactive logins refused)

> Btw, anyone have an idea how I can mount two samba shares on a WinTSE at
> boot time and have them visible to all users, not only the system?

Put "Net use" commands into the login script? Since this is "the Windows
way" this will probably work with causing only the usual NT problems instead
of some additional TSE troubles :-))
Provided you find a way to make a system "mounted" share available to all
users wouldn't they all access the share via the same (system) account? Is
this what you intend to do?

Best regards,
Tom
Thomas Aeby, Kirchweg 40, 1735 Giffers, Switzerland, Voice : (+41)26 4180040
Internet: aeby at graeff.com                           PGP public key available