Instabillity with samba 2.0.7 and Windows Terminal Server

Markus Reimer markus at softwarerun.com
Thu Feb 15 19:56:54 GMT 2001

Hi!

My setup is as follows:

One Domaincontroller running Samba 2.0.7 and
two fileservers running Samba 2.0.7
All running under AIX 4.3.3 (HACMP with mutual takeover)
Roaming profiles and at login every user mount's one share from each
fileserver.

The problem is that at irregular intervals (allthou rather frequent) the
drives cant be mapped due to user permisions...
It usually works if the user tries to login once again.

The network is not very loaded and the problem occurs even if I only have
one user active in the net...

Help!

Another problem I have is when I tries to upgrade the domain controller to
Samba 2.2, I cant get the WinTSE client's to use the initial program
variable, they just get the destop, as noted by another user on this list
earlier, any hint's???

Btw, anyone have an idea how I can mount two samba shares on a WinTSE at
boot time and have them visible to all users, not only the system?

Regards,
//Markus Reimer
CTO, SoftwareRun AB
---