pam_smb.usermap anyone ?

Armand Welsh armand at welshhome.org
Thu Feb 15 04:21:51 GMT 2001

Dennis,
the file /etc/pam_smb.usermap is a simple file to create, that maps *nix
users to nt users.  The format is nix_user=domain_name\nt_username
the domain is optional, and the "\" character is only used if the supply the
domain.  you don't need to escape the "\" character (i.e., the \\ is not
interpreted as a \)

If you don't supply the domain_name\ before the nt_username, then it will
authenticate against the default domain.  Also, you can authenticate all
users against the default domain controller by removing the pam_smb.usermap
file.

Any other questions, just drop me line...