Is there a difference between alpha releases and CVS snapshots?

Nick Urbanik nicku at vtc.edu.hk
Wed Feb 14 21:43:05 GMT 2001

Dear people,

Sorry to take so long to understand this, but I hope that someone can
clarify it simply.

The 2.2 PDC FAQ has existed for some months (as I recall), explaining
how to use CVS snapshots as PDC for Win2k clients.  The alpha2 snapshot
states in WHATSNEW.txt:

     A known problem is this version of Samba will not act as a PDC
     for Win2k clients

However, alpha2 was released on 29 January 2001, long after the FAQ was
written.  So is there a difference between alpha releases and CVS
snapshots?

--
Nick Urbanik, Dept. of Computing and Mathematics
Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Tsing Yi)
email: nicku at vtc.edu.hk
Tel:   (852) 2436 8576, (852) 2436 8579   Fax: (852) 2435 1406
pgp ID: 7529555D fingerprint: 53 B6 6D 73 52 EE 1F EE EC F8 21 98 45 1C 23 7B