Help configuring samba appliance

Patrick Spinler spinler.patrick at mayo.edu
Wed Feb 14 16:30:31 GMT 2001

Hi:

I've been messing with the samba appliance package recently (the 0.5 rpm
version built last aug 17), and am having difficulty getting logins
working via the supplied pam modules.  Here's my setup:

My workstation is R0055620, a member of the domain RCHWKS
My account is pjs11, a account in domain MC
The RCHWKS domain trusts the MC domain (and the RCH domain, too)

When I attempt to login using MC\pjs11, winbindd spits this tidbit of
log:

            006e id_auth[0] : 00
            006f id_auth[1] : 00
            0070 id_auth[2] : 00
            0071 id_auth[3] : 00
            0072 id_auth[4] : 00
            0073 id_auth[5] : 05
            0074 sub_auths : 00000015 7c0150b7 0fdc7252 030312ce
    0084 status: 00000000
adding trusted domain MC
adding trusted domain RCH
(--- NOTE: here is end of winbind startup log, below is login attempt)
accepted socket 8
[29305]: pam auth MC\pjs11
could not get trust password for domain MC

I've attached my pam config file and nsswitch.conf, and the complete
winbindd output is at http://spinler.dhs.org/~pspinler/winbindd.log.
My system is a somewhat updated redhat 6.2, glibc 2.1.1.

I've also just recompiled the various componants from cvs SAMBA_TNG and
APPLIANCE_HEAD branches, and will be trying these new componants later
today.

-- Pat

p.s.  whenever I redirect winbind's output to a file, it hangs.  Any
ideas ?  E.g. this command:

  $ winbindd -i -d 100 > /tmp/winbindd.log

produces a hung winbindd, only killable by kill -9.  Any clues ?

--
      This message does not represent the policies or positions
	     of the Mayo Foundation or its subsidiaries.