Problem with NT client yet

Heiko Kaschube R.Meyer at hoedtke.de
Wed Feb 14 06:14:50 GMT 2001

Hello,

you have to put the workstation's name into your passwd and smbpasswd
file as follows:

- create a linux user NTWS$ with user shell /bin/false (see: man
useradd)
- create a SMB workstation account: smbpasswd -a -m NTWS
- join the domain with your workstation

This really should work, it did here with Samba 2.0.6 without bigger
problems. Note there is a Dollar sign after the linux user name. If it
does not work, you could once set up NT for *WORKGROUP* "linux", then do
the steps again and see if that will work.
Perhaps try to write the workgroup name in smb.conf in upper case. That
might be another hint, but it does not have to.

Greetings, Heiko

Andre Leonidas wrote:

> ..Hello
>
> Samba 2.0.7 in a linux debian 2.1
>
> I have tried to put a NT4.0 in a samba domain PDC
> without susessfull.
>
> *I got to include a win98
>
> ..I folowed all the instunctions of the book using
> samba, i did the count of NT machine.

---
Heiko Kaschube
Hoedtke Blech- und Lasertechnik