Problem with NT client yet

Andre Leonidas chameio at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 19:15:30 GMT 2001

..Hello

Samba 2.0.7 in a linux debian 2.1

I have tried to put a NT4.0 in a samba domain PDC
without susessfull.

*I got to include a win98

..I folowed all the instunctions of the book using
samba, i did the count of NT machine.

  I did a workgroup called linux, follow the smb.conf

[global]
   workgroup = linux
  ; printing = bsd
  ; printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
   guest account = visitante
   encrypt passwords = yes
   os level = 64
   security = user
   domain master = yes
   domain logons = yes
   preferred master = yes
   logon home = \\N%\%U
   logon path = \\N%\%U\profiles
   logon script = %U.bat
   wins support = yes
   hosts allow = lau2000
   passwd chat = *password* %n\n *sussessfull

;   security = user
 ;  wins server = 200.x.x.x
;  This next option sets a separate log file for each
client. Remove
;  it if you want a combined log file.
   log file = /usr/local/samba/log.%m

;  You will need a world readable lock directory and
"share modes=yes"
;  if you want to support the file sharing modes for
multiple users
;  of the same files
;  lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
;  share modes = yes

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   read only = no
   create mode = 0750

[visitante]
  comment = diretorio do visitante
  path = /home/visitante

;[printers]
;   comment = All Printers
;   browseable = no
;   printable = yes
;   public = no
;   writable = no
;   create mode = 0700

; you might also want this one, notice that it is read
only so as not to give
; people without an account write access.
;
 [tmp]
   comment = Temporary file space
   path = /tmp
   read only = yes
   public = yes

;
; Other examples.
;
; A private printer, usable only by fred. Spool data
will be placed in fred's
; home directory. Note that fred must have write
access to the spool directory,
; wherever it is.
;[fredsprn]
;   comment = Fred's Printer
;   valid users = fred
;   path = /homes/fred
;   printer = freds_printer
;   public = no
;   writable = no
;   printable = yes
;
; A private directory, usable only by fred. Note that
fred requires write
; access to the directory.
;[fredsdir]
;   comment = Fred's Service
;   path = /usr/somewhere/private
;   valid users = fred
;   public = no
;   writable = yes
;   printable = no
;
; A publicly accessible directory, but read only,
except for people in
; the staff group
[public]
   comment = Diretorio Publico
   path = /Public
   public = yes
   writable = no
   printable = no
;   write list = @staff
;
; a service which has a different directory for each
machine that connects
; this allows you to tailor configurations to incoming
machines. You could
; also use the %u option to tailor it by user name.
; The %m gets replaced with the machine name that is
connecting.
;[pchome]
;  comment = PC Directories
;  path = /usr/pc/%m
;  public = no
;  writeable = yes
;
;
; A publicly accessible directory, read/write to all
users. Note that all files
; created in the directory by users will be owned by
the default user, so
; any user with access can delete any other user's
files. Obviously this
; directory must be writable by the default user.
Another user could of course
; be specified, in which case all files would be owned
by that user instead.
;[public]
;   path = /usr/somewhere/else/public
;   public = yes
;   only guest = yes
;   writable = yes
;   printable = no
;
;
; The following two entries demonstrate how to share a
directory so that two
; users can place files there that will be owned by
the specific users. In this
; setup, the directory should be writable by both
users and should have the
; sticky bit set on it to prevent abuse. Obviously
this could be extended to
; as many users as required.
;[myshare]
;   comment = Mary's and Fred's stuff
;   path = /usr/somewhere/shared
;   valid users = mary fred
;   public = no
;   writable = yes
;   printable = no
;   create mask = 0765

  When i try to include the NT machine lab02 in the
domain linux this message appears

The domain controller for this domain cannot be
located

and the log in /var/log/nmb show this when i try to
include the machine with the false ip 200.x.y.z in the
domain linux throw the Control Panel is :

  process_logon_packet: Logon from 200.x.y.z: code =
0x7
[2001/02/14 02:46:15, 1]
nmbd/nmbd_processlogon.c:process_logon_packet(70)
  process_logon_packet: Logon from 200.x.y.z: code =
0x7
[2001/02/14 02:46:41, 1]
nmbd/nmbd_processlogon.c:process_logon_packet(70)
  process_logon_packet: Logon from 200.x.y.z: code =
0x7

  Anybody Can help me??