How do I sync NT,Unix and Samba password

Heather Tan heathertansg at yahoo.com.sg
Mon Feb 12 03:38:30 GMT 2001

hello,

My attempt to synchronise NT passwords with Unix and
Samba passwords has failed.
Can you help me ?

I had set up Samba running on an unix server and had
also joined Samba to NT domain.
The content in my users.map file on unix are
like this :

sambausr = heathertan
sambausr = roberttan
sambauser = peterchan

As the start, sambausr has the same password on
NT,Unix and Samba.
My understanding is that when I change NT password for
sambauser, the Unix and Samba passwords for sambausr
can be synchronised. But I don't seem to get that. My
current configuration is as follows :

security = Domain
encrypt password = Yes
null password = no