Does alpha2 work or not?

Nick Urbanik nicku at vtc.edu.hk
Sun Feb 11 14:26:57 GMT 2001

Dear team,

Does alpha2 work as a PDC for Win2000 clients?  To quote the 2.2 PDC
FAQ:

     Please note it does not apply to Samba2.2alpha0,
     Samba2.2alpha1, Samba 2.0.7, TNG nor HEAD branch.

To quote the WHATSNEW.txt file with alpha2:

     A known problem is this version of Samba will not act as a PDC

     for Win2k clients (although it works as a member server in a
     Win2k hosted domain). This is being actively worked on and
     it is intended this be fixed before 2.2.0 release.

But alpha2 is a snapshot of CVS.  I am very confused.

  1. Is alpha2 or is it not able to work as a PDC for Win2k clients (aka
     2.2 PDC FAQ and 2.2 PDC HOWTO)?
  2. If not, then which dates did CVS actually work as mentioned in the
     2.2 PDC FAQ?
  3. How do I get the snapshots that work, since it seems that the
     snapshots that are provided don't work?

--
Nick Urbanik, Dept. of Computing and Mathematics
Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Tsing Yi)
email: nicku at vtc.edu.hk
Tel:   (852) 2436 8576, (852) 2436 8579   Fax: (852) 2435 1406
pgp ID: 7529555D fingerprint: 53 B6 6D 73 52 EE 1F EE EC F8 21 98 45 1C 23 7B