Joining SambaDomain with Win2k(german)

Schumacher Christoph schumi-news at gmx.de
Sat Feb 10 11:05:25 GMT 2001

Hello...

I have tried to install Samba on FBSD 4.2. Installing is wonderfull.
So I followed the PDC-HowTo and made my smb.conf, a root smb-account and
all the other stuff.
But alway I try to join domain with Win2k I get message: ( translated
from german)
' The account you're using is a workstation-account. Use a standard
local user account to access this server'  ???
What's wrong with my samba installation. I tried HEAD and SAMBA_2_2 from
10.Feb. ~11:00 and got the same error message.

my smb.conf global is:
[global]
        workgroup = BLUENET
        netbios name = MERLIN
        server string = Samba 2.2.0-Logon Server
        interfaces = 192.168.100.2/24
        bind interfaces only = Yes
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        map to guest = Bad User
        unix password sync = Yes
        log level = 30
        time server = Yes
        max open files = 1000
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY IPTOS_THROUGHPUT
        load printers = No
        character set = ISO8859-1
        domain groups = users
        domain admin group = @domainadmin
        domain admin users = root
        add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -noconfig -group users -d
/dev/null
-s /bin/false %m$
        logon script = NETLOGON.BAT
        logon path = //%N/%U/NTprofile
        logon home =
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 65
        preferred master = True
        domain master = True
        remote announce = 192.168.100.255/BLUENET
        socket address = 192.168.100.2
        guest account = ftp
        create mask = 0775
        directory mask = 0775