SMBD and NMBD sessions spawning as root

ctooley at amoa.org ctooley at amoa.org
Wed Feb 7 23:45:50 GMT 2001

Is there any way to make the smbd and nmbd sessions for each user to get started
as that user so it would be easier to tell which process is for which user?

Chris Tooley

BTW Mark VanderWeil, Jim Mcdonough, and company at IBM have been trying to help
me with some really crazy lpr problems.  Thanks to those guys and I'll post the
synopsis and resolution to the various lists when we find one.  This is on
RedHat 6.2 with the default lpr package, printing to some JetDirect printers via
Samba.  It's an interesting mix and the only ones that are pointing around
saying it's the other guy is IBM.  Thanks to them and you guys who work on this
project.  I can't wait for 2.2.