Joining a domain

Thomas Aeby aeby at graeff.com
Mon Feb 5 21:51:01 GMT 2001

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Gerald Carter wrote:

> Ahhh...setup an anonymous connection to \\susix\ipc$ first.
> Then run netdom.
>
> 	net use \\susix\ipc$ /user:"" ""

Oh yes! This solves part of the problem - I do not have to give
user/password any more ... but still after "sucessfully" joining
the domain the NT box refuses to change its workstation account
password and keeps telling me that the "system's primary domain
password is missing" - aaargh.

BTW: The EventLog says

    The session setup to the Windows NT Domain Controller \\SUSIX for the
    domain HEAVEN failed because the computer TESTNT does not have a local
    security database account.

A "local" security database account????!!!

while

> Alfredo Ramos wrote:
>
> ntdom works great!

Others seem to be more lucky than I.

There must be something really silly I'm missing.

Best regards,
Tom
Thomas Aeby, Kirchweg 40, 1735 Giffers, Switzerland, Voice : (+41)26 4180040
Internet: aeby at graeff.com                           PGP public key available
A nuclear war can ruin your whole day.