Fwd: Re: Permissions problem

Rob Hutton rob.hutton at ecommsecurity.com
Fri Feb 2 18:52:14 GMT 2001

  I am still having this problem and have not been able to make any progress.
 To review, I am trying to access shares on my PDC.  I can see the network
from my Linux workstation, browse the network, and mount shares.  I can do
likewise from a windows workstation to my linux workstation.  The problem
comes when I try to modify or create anything on the PDC share.  Everything
on the PDC shows up as root:root with -rwxr-xr-x permissions.  I have tried
changing permissions, and get no errors, but nothing changes.  But if I su to
root, then I can do everything I want.  From the NT side, permissions are set
to full control/everyone.

  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob