Winbind Question.

Gaurang Pandya gaubrig at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 29 21:32:03 GMT 2001

Hi Group,

I have my samba 2.2.2 on RH Linux 7.1 as member of Windows 2000 ADS.
When a samba share is used from Windows box it’s asking for Authentication and when user is authenticated he/she is able to connect to share. But what I want to do is it should not ask for Authentication it should directly get users credentials from windows box and allow/disallow the users. Without asking for username/password. How can this be done?

Should I use WinBind for this?? If not can any one tell me what is use of WinBind??

Thanks in Advance.

Gaurang.