Write access on NT4 Shares

Mike Patoska mpatoska at genuity.com
Thu Dec 27 14:43:10 GMT 2001

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to obtain write access on an
NT share as a normal user. I am running Redhat 7.2 and am connecting to
an NT4 share, when I do an smbmount //server/share /mountpoint U
username the share mounts fine and I am able to write to the share only
as root, as soon as I exit out of the root shell and into my own shell I
am denied write access to the share, but I still have read access, is it
even possible to gain write access as a normal user? I would appreciate
any help that anyone may be, I am sure this is so simple but I'm
overlooking the smallest detail. Thanks for any help.

Mike