winbindd problems

Schlomo Schapiro schapiro at clerk.pi.huji.ac.il
Wed Dec 26 22:37:04 GMT 2001

Hi,

there seem to be 2 approaches:
1) Change the + into a \ (There is a parameter for this in smb.conf). This
will probably solve your problem since all clients which are PART of a
domain will ALWAYS send the domain name along with the username. Only
client computers which are NOT part of a domain don't send the domain\
prefix. I didn't notice this in the beginning because my own workstation
(As opposed to the users' workstation) is NOT part of the domain ...

2) Look into nsswitch/winbindd_utils.c at the end there is the function
that splits the supplied username into doman and user. Change it as you
like to suit your case.

I don't know wether my patch every made it into any official version of
Samba. I used 2.2.1 which didn't include the winbindd at all so I had to
take the winbindd from Samba 2.0.x (which went without problem). Maybe
current Samba 2.2.2+ has it included again.

In any case, probably solution 1) will solve your problem.

Regards,
Schlomo

PS: I did this work at least half a year ago and sent at least 10 messages
to samba-ntdom about this and relating issues.

You are the *FIRST* to ever answer any of those mails ...

PPS: Since then I moved the list to digest and only skimp over it ...

--
Schlomo Schapiro
Computation Authority

Tel: ++972 / 2 / 65-84404