[ANNOUNCE] End-Of-Life for Samba-ntdom List on Jan. 7, 2002

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Fri Dec 21 12:22:03 GMT 2001

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Greg Zartman wrote:

> I for one am disappointed to see this list go.  The mainstream samba
> list see ALOT of traffic (almost too much to keep up with) and most of
> it seems to be people asking the same questions OVER and OVER.

Understood, and we have considered the noise-to-ratio volume.
The problem is that currently people on samba & samba-ntdom are
talking about much the same topics.  It's just not feasible for
the Team to support both lists.

This list has somewhat become a duplicate of the main samba list.
In fact, even some of the 3.0alpha testing feedback is coming through
on samba at samba.org.

chau, jerry