Suggestions for best solution

Adam Evans adam.evans at infrasoft-civil.com
Tue Dec 18 09:48:02 GMT 2001

My Samba 2.2.1a server is running happily at present. I'm waiting for a lot of the nice features which will hopefully come in v3, but before then I've got something to sort out.

Simply, I need to get an email server working. This will be accessed through MS Outlook, so straight off, probably an IMAP server. I know that bit. Question is, what about authentication? I'd like the server setup so they logon to the network with there single password, and that is it, no other password for the email! Is it possible to set up the server to do this? Would I need to use PAM? I've seen several HOWTO's about different areas, but nothing there has really helped me.

Thanks for any help,

Adam

The information contained in this message or any of its
attachments is confidential and is intended for the
exclusive use of the addressee. The information may also
be legally privileged. The views expressed may not be
those of Infrasoft, but the personal views of the originator.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or other dissemination or use of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please contact :
postmaster at infrasoft-civil.com and delete this message.