DOS Client to Samba Server?

Mike Lamasney lamasney at mlode.com
Sun Dec 16 18:26:09 GMT 2001

Mike, at our school I have a single diskette that I can boot on an empty
machine, fdisk
the HDD, format it, connect to the network, map a Samba server share and
build the client.
It supports about a dozen NICs we commonly use and uses DHCP to get its IP
address.  It
uses the common Microsoft client DOS software -- no magic -- but includes a
host of DOS
maintenance utilities I've found are convenient to have.

If you send me your address, I'll  mail you a copy.