NT PDC licensing

Adam Killian akillian at footlocker.com
Wed Dec 12 11:33:03 GMT 2001

Volker,

This seems like a good option to me.  This project is to see how feasible it would be to replace a Novell Netware file/print environemnt with Linux/Samba.  I am going to need OpenLdap to replace NDS anyhow.

Just to be sure I understand...
I setup a Samba servers in each site with domain logons=yes and OpenLdap as a slave
I pick one server to be the OpenLdap master and all is well?

Can a real NT4 app server be a member of such a domain? We have some apps the MUST be run on NT4 servers.

If that works, I am home free! Woo Hoo!

Thanks,
Adam Killian
akillian at footlocker.com