NT PDC licensing

Francis Turner turner at juelich-enzyme.com
Wed Dec 12 10:06:03 GMT 2001

Volker Lendecke wrote:

> The question is: If the PDC does *not* serve any files, it's *only* PDC for a
> bunch of Samba servers, do you need the CALs? The clients only access the PDC
> for authentication. But wait... The [netlogon] share is always shared from the
> DC. Does this count?
>
> Volker

I think it will count when you change password. IIRC clients use the
netlogon share to change passwords and they have to change passowrds on
the PDC. To do this they will access a file on the PDC's netlogon share
and thus will count as a user of file services on the PDC.

I'll be happy to be corrected on this if I'm wrong

Francis

--
Francis Turner, CIO Juelich Enzyme Products GmbH
http://www.juelich-enzyme.com/ +49-173-291-7278

             -- Henry J. Tillman