NT PDC licensing

James Nord teilo at cdt.luth.se
Wed Dec 12 09:35:04 GMT 2001

Probably not, acording to
http://www.microsoft.com/PIRACY/samguide/tools/cal_guide/winnt.asp but
IANAL and havn't read the full NT licence aggreement

*CALs are Required *
Windows NT 4.0 Server can be used for any of the following, in which
CALs are required:
(*Note:* that some of these functions are "basic" and will be a common
use of Windows NT Server, while others are more specialized and thus
will be less common)

    * File Services--i.e. accessing or managing files on the network.
    * Printing Services--i.e. sharing and managing printers on the network.
    * Macintosh connectivity--file sharing and/or printing sharing.
    * Remote Access Services--i.e. accessing a server from a remote
      location through a communications link, including the use of
      Internet Connection Services.
    * Message Queue Server--i.e. sending or receiving messages from
      Message Queue Server.
    * Transaction Server--invoking component-based applications managed
      by Transaction Server.
    * Terminal Server Functionality--using Windows NT Server to display
      or use Windows-based or Windows NT-based applications on a device.

No mention of Authenticating users here... But you must not share any
files from them.

--
Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet.
	Douglas Adams