W2K logon problem after joining a domain

David Highley dhighley at highley-recommended.com
Tue Dec 11 20:45:02 GMT 2001

"Thierry Delaitre wrote:"

> Hi,
>
> I think I found the problem. It seems that users cannot login when they
> have complex passwords which include uppercase characters. It works ok
> with lowercase passwords. Is there a remedy to this problem ? Note that
> I'm already using password level = 4

Thats not the problem. We are using Samba 2.2.2 and we have Win 2k
systems. We use upper, lower, special characters, and numbers in our
passwords. We are using Samba as a PDC running on Solaris 8.

I see a few differences when I view the testparm output on our
system:
    password level = 0
    username level = 0
    lanman auth = Yes
    name resolve order = lmhosts host wins bcast

The above are Samba default settings. We also added the following lines
to our dhcpd.conf file in the subnet section:
    option netbios-name-servers 10.2.2.3;
    option netbios-dd-server 10.2.2.3;
    option netbios-dd-server 10.2.2.3;
    option netbios-node-type 8;

--

Regards,

David Highley		      Phone: (206) 669-0081
Highley Recommended, Inc.	FAX: (253) 838-8509
2927 SW 339th Street	      Email: dhighley at highley-recommended.com
Federal Way, WA 98023-7732	WEB: http://www.highley-recommended.com