Samba PDC and WinNT BDC

Silviu Marin-Caea silviu at delrom.ro
Wed Dec 5 08:14:06 GMT 2001

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:57:21 -0500
"Jim McDonough" <jmcd at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> has anyone expirences with a samba PDC and a win BDC? I treid to
> install a Windows BDC for a program which requires a windows dc and
> the result si that
> i cant logon on that bdc.
>
> i have a pdc running with samba-tng 2.6.1 and a bdc with nt40

Automatic user database replication between PDC and BDC is not yet
implemented in any samba, tng or not.

The windows BDC will not import automatically the new users, except at
reboot, or if you restart that service, whatever it is.

And to be honest who needs windows, anyway?  After I phased out the last
windows NT server, everything started working smoothly.  Until then, it
was a pain.

I have a samba-tng PDC, and another lot of 5 servers runing samba.

And am very happy this way too.

Right now, I'm studying how to implement a BDC in tng.

--
Silviu Marin-Caea - Network & Systems Administrator - Delta Romania
Phone +4093-267961