file corrupted

didier roques didier.roques at brive.unilim.fr
Tue Dec 4 02:48:01 GMT 2001

  I use samba 2.2.2 with linux mdk 8.1.
my clients machines run under win2k, everything is ok but sometimes when
a user write a file  to a service shared by samba with word, excel ...
that seems to write ok, but when the user want to reopen this file, word
or excel don't want to open it, because file is corrupted i think.
We can find into this file at the beginning a a piece of text like this
[2001/11/30 15:43:52, 2] smbd/open.c:open_file(213)
   mgoudour opened file TOTO.doc read=Yes write=Yes (numopen=1)
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
Does anyone know why ?
is it a samba problem, a network error, a disk error ?
i've no error on the ethernet card.